Recommended for these kinds of customers
- Customers who want to expand to start selling OTC drugs
- Customers who are in the business of selling health food and supplements and would like to expand into the sales of OTC drugs to establish competitive superiority
Customers such as the following who are interested in drugs that are considered effective but know little about selling drugs
- Customers who do not know how to obtain a business license to sell drugs
- Customers who do not know how to prepare to sell drugs
- Customers who do not know how to advertise in line with compliance requirements
- Customers who do not know where to purchase drugs from
- Customers who do not know which kinds of drugs to sell
MGL proposes PB products aimed at product (drug) differentiation.
- Market and target-specific proposals
- Consultation on specification changes, including names, packages, and standards
- Proposing desired medicines, including general medicines, Kanpo medicines, and crude medicines
- Proposing preferred dosage forms, including tablets, coarse/fine granules, capsules, and ointments
- Consultation on small-lot NB products used for test sales, etc.
Building systems suitable for customers
Proposals related to selling drugs
- Consulting based on the experience of staff members engaged in drug sales (mail order) for 18 years
- Total support related to obtaining drug selling permits (over-the-counter sales business)
- Sales-related support for everything from test marketing to nationwide marketing
- Implementing workshops (around two hours) for sales staff related to selling drugs
Overseas expansion support
Total support to help your company expand overseas
- Providing materials to consider when selecting countries into which to expand
- Procedures related to FDA applications pertaining to various products (drugs, supplements, cosmetics, miscellaneous goods, etc.)
- Implementing test marketing in line with the given budget
- Capable of handling both wholesaling (B-to-B) and e-commerce sales (B-to-C)
- Affiliated company matching
Total support for your company’s domestic logistics
- MGL is focused on the consumer goods retail logistics (in-store sales and e-commerce) area.
- MGL’s track record includes support related to 700 billion yen in sales by domestic customers (consumer goods: apparel, miscellaneous goods, supplements, cosmetics, etc.).
- We provide one-stop service to handle everything from overseas factories to stores in the country of sale and customers.
- MGL utilizes the strengths provided by its facilities, equipment, personnel, and logistics systems to maximize logistics outsourcing effects aimed at achieving customer sales growth and business expansion.
Basic rules of Internet-based OTC drug sales
Selling drugs online
To sell drugs online, it is necessary to obtain an over-the-counter sales business license from the health center that has jurisdiction over your workplace and then submit a Notification of Specific Sales. over-the-counter sales business license from the health center that has jurisdiction over your workplace and then submit a Notification of Specific Sales.
- There must be a store.
- It is necessary to obtain an over-the-counter sales business license for drugs.
- Only OTC drugs can be sold (not prescription drugs).
Requirements to apply for an over-the-counter sales business license for drugs
To sell drugs, an over-the-counter sales business license is necessary for each store.
- The store’s structure and equipment must satisfy the standards of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.
- Depending on the type of drug, it might be necessary to have a permanent pharmacist or registered seller (administrator).
- The sales system must conform with the standards of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.
- The applicant must not satisfy the grounds for disqualification.
Licenses, permits, and designations
Class 1 Consigned Freight Forwarding Business Operator (ocean shipping)
Class 1 Consigned Freight Forwarding Business Operator (coastal shipping)
Class 2 Consigned Freight Forwarding Business Operator (international air)
Class 2 Consigned Freight Forwarding Business Operator (ocean shipping)
Class 2 Consigned Freight Forwarding Business Operator (coastal shipping)
Class 2 Consigned Freight Forwarding Business Operator (rail)
General Motor Truck Transportation Business (including consigned freight forwarding business)
Ship leasing business
Warehouse receipt issuing license
Restricted to Class 4 Harbor Transport Business
Food Agency designation
Designation of grain, fiber, sugar, and rubber commodity exchanges
Animal Quarantine Service designation
Plant Quarantine Service designation
Specified dispatch businesses
Cosmetics manufacturing business (packaging, labeling, and storage)
Quasi-drug manufacturing business (packaging, labeling, and storage)
Medical equipment manufacturing business (packaging, labeling, and storage)
Highly controlled medical equipment selling and leasing business
Drug wholesaling business
Public credential information
ISO 13485 (obtained in September of 2015)
AEO Customs Broker (Authorized Customs Broker, obtained in 2009)
AEO Warehouse Operator (Authorized Warehouse Operator, obtained in 2013)